Monday, June 24, 2013

Family

The family has never been under such heavy attack ever before in history as it is today. The Adversary is determined, more than ever, to destroy that which he will never have. I am number seven of eight children, which in today’s society is an unheard of size for a family, but I love it! I grew up in a Christ centered home, that for me and my siblings still to this day, is truly a refuge and oasis away from the storms of the world.

The reason we are here on this earth is to have a family, and to return to our Heavenly Father’s presents. That is His great eternal Plan of Happiness, and we cannot achieve it with out our families.

As a child who grew up in a home that is centered on our Savior, Jesus Christ and His teaching, I testify to you that the choices that you make in having and raising a family do matter.  I am who I am today because of the home and family that I was raised in, and because my family spent time together making simple treasured memories. All the sports, toys, clothes, dance and music lessons, in the world cannot replace what it means to your family when you spend your time with them. 

Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Of Regrets and Resolutions, October General Conference 2012

President Joseph Fielding Smith, Every Soul Is Precious, January BYU Devotional 1971

Elder Richard G. Scott, For Peace At Home, April General conference 2013

Elder Richard G. Scott, For Peace At Home, April General conference 2013

Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Of Things That Matter Most, October General Conference 2010 

Elder L. Tom Perry, "Therefore I Was Taught", April General Conference 1994

Elder Robert D. Hales, Strengthening Families: Our Sacred Duty, April General Conference 1999

Elder M. Russell Ballard, What Matters Most Is What Lasts  Longest, October General Conference 2005

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, A Prayer for the Children, April General Conference 2003

Elder Henry B. Eyring, Strengthening the Family and the Church Through the Priesthood, June Ensign 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment